Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: definition of brain fog: taking a Harvoni pill then minutes later not being sure  (Read 7750 times)

Offline Rosie13

definition of brain fog: taking a Harvoni pill then minutes later not being sure. Having to go to calander ...count days & then count pills to be sure. Hope I don't do that again. Really knew I took it when the headache appeared. NICE!!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
Started Harvoni Sept. 5, 2015
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
12 wks.post tx.feb.11,2016
UNDETECTED!!!
24 wks. post tx. may 16,2016
UNDETECTED Fibroscan  F-0!!!!!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
definition of brain fog: taking a Harvoni pill then minutes later not being sure. Having to go to calander ...count days & then count pills to be sure. Hope I don't do that again. Really knew I took it when the headache appeared. NICE!!

I had a journal for recording when I took my pills each day just for that reason. I would forget 10 min later - Did I take my pill, or did I just think about taking my pill…?

cheers,
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Rosie13

I mark off the calander & was writing down stuff at first but stated feeling better so stopped writing & you can see that I am not as proactive as you, Kim!This is the first time I really wasn't sure...I have a rescue kitten here that was climbing up my leg so maybe that is why or I am just losing it!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
Started Harvoni Sept. 5, 2015
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
12 wks.post tx.feb.11,2016
UNDETECTED!!!
24 wks. post tx. may 16,2016
UNDETECTED Fibroscan  F-0!!!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
I hear ya sister! :) cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Else

• Appeal, appeal, and appeal again!
I had a journal for recording when I took my pills each day just for that reason. I would forget 10 min later - Did I take my pill, or did I just think about taking my pill…?

cheers,
kim :)

Exactly.  Harvoni in one hand, red pen to mark calendar with exact time in the other.  I'm pretty sure if I didn't do that I'd be counting the pills every other day. 

I so wish I could just use a Sun-Sat plastic pill container like I have forever for supplements.  But the consulting pharmacist made just a to-do about keeping them in the original bottle that it spooked me.  Which is silly because I'm sure the point is, "keep them airtight, dry and room temperature."  I guess I'm superstitious about breaking the rules.  :o

I do have one exception - if I'm going to be gone from home when I'm supposed to take one, I take one pill with me so I can stick to my time schedule.  Take the bottle?!?!  ahahahaha!  It's worth so much more than my car it's not even funny.  Come to think of it, two of these little orange diamonds might get me a comparable ride.  ;D
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
ALT: 58 AST: 39 ALK: 105
Viral load 4,201,950 IU/ml
Fibroscan 6.5 (F1-F2) Fibrosure 0.36 (F1-F2)
Treatment-naive
After 3 denials, finally approved!
Harvoni 12 wks - start date 9/15/15
4 wk labs 10/14/15
ALT: 12 AST: 16 ALK: 85
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
ALT: 13  AST: 15  ALK: 77
12 wk (EOT!) labs 12/8/15
ALT: 11 AST: 15 ALK: 78
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
ALT: 22 AST: 17 ALK: 61
HCV Not Detected!! SVR10!!!
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline Nature1st

I put a P on the calendar before I put the pill in my mouth- and the I turn the bottle upside down.  Turn it back up next morning.
Genotype 1A
Likely contacted around 2001
Diagnosed 1992
Previous treatment ~ 2003: RIBA plus interferon – unsuccessful
Harvoni – 12 weeks, starting 09/04/2015
Viral count start of treatment 3,000,000+
ALT and AST – elevated, per usual
1 month into TX blood work ~ everything in the normal range  for the first time in years and years(except I don't know the viral load as doctor is out of town on vacation this week)

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
Hi Else,
I was told too about keeping them airtight to maintain their integrity but others have used the does it boxes and made  it to und? I]m like you I prefer to be paranoidly sure! Cal 8) :o ::)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
Hi Nature 1st,
I think I would  find a way with my brain to stuff that up! hehe.

Welcome to the forum. BTW. How are you doing? Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.